At the mouth of the Swakop River, between the Namib Desert and the Atlantic Ocean, Swakopmund enjoys
minimal rainfall and a remarkably temperate climate, 15° - 25° C all year-round. Frequent early morning
mist provides daily moisture to benefit the area's flora and fauna, and it often lifts to give sunshine for most of the day.
The town of Swakopmund has a strong German history, particularly evident in its attractive and
characteristic architecture. A gentle stroll around the town close to Brigadoon Guesthouse reveals many
fascinating and distinctive buildings, plus all the usual amenities of an international city.
Within a short walk you will find the iconic Lighthouse Restaurant, the Strand Cafe, the Museum and the Kristall Gallery. Further along the coast is the famous Tug Restaurant and the National Marine Aquarium.
However, Swakopmund is the premier holiday resort of Namibia:
- Experience the thrills of sandboarding, quad-biking, tandem sky-diving kayaking, climbing the famous Dune 7 and other extreme desert activities.
- Nature lovers can indulge in close encounters with dolphins, sea lions and pelicans in all manner of boat or catamaran cruises from Walvis Bay.
- Sports enthusiasts can enjoy a round of golf, horse riding fishing and much more.
- For the less energetic, you can take a guided tour into the desert - an overland excursion to Sandwich Harbour or just stroll through the Museum and the Kristall Gallery.
- Explore and cycle through Swakopmund's Beautiful Historic buildings and landmarks on your own with one of our very comfortable city cruisers.
Whatever your interests or ambitions, you will not have a spare moment during your stay in Swakopmund.
Let us book your activities for you to save you valuable time or disappointment!